Sunday, April 24, 2016

Peggy's Cove

John and I were trying to remember the last time we were at Peggy's Cove together. I went there with my photo club a few years ago. I was there again with a friend in January...a very short visit because the restaurant was closed and we were looking for lunch before exploring. Anyway, we couldn't remember the last time we were there. Isn't it funny how you take things for granted when you live someplace? People come from all over the world to see Peggy's Cove, and we haven't gone for several years! I must admit, I prefer going in off season when there are fewer people around. 
 
This visit was a first for me...we were there for dinner (aka supper in Nova Scotia ...6pm..."dinner" sometimes means "lunch", depending on who you are talking to). It was low light, which is something I have been wanting to practice with. It turned into a photo session of mostly silhouettes.

Here is the same photo processed in black and white:


 

2 comments:

martha brown said...

I haven't been to Peggy's Cove since 2001. Ray's never been. It didn't impress me so much way back then, but after seeing your spectacular photos, maybe it's time to give it another try.
We are so happy just poking around our little stretch of the shore though!

Sybil N said...

Lovely photos Sara.

I love the smooth rock of Peggy's Cove and the lovely little hidden cove at the end of the lower parking lot.

What an amazing province we live in !

See you tomorrow. :-)