Tuesday, December 30, 2014

12 Beaches of Christmas

Here is a summary of our 12 Beaches of Christmas. We came up with the idea of visiting beaches over the holiday season to help keep us from Grinchville (aka...becoming grumpy about the commercialization of Christmas). At our stage in life, we don't need to receive anything...and everyone we would give gifts to already has everything they need. What the season does mean to us is family and friends and sharing time together. It was just the two of us this year (plus our four legged kids). Instead of lamenting that fact, we celebrated by doing what we love to do...going to the shore.
12 Beaches of Christmas (left to right, top to bottom: Hirtles Beach, The Hawk, North East Point Beach, Crescent Beach, Beach Meadows, Carters Beach, Summerville Beach, Broad Cove, Fort Point, Rissers Beach, Green Bay, Cherry Hill Beach.
We had a lot of overcast skies and cool winds, but it's December! It's still lovely to hear the sound of the waves, the gulls cry, and see the wonders of Nova Scotia's South Shore. I think we'll have to do a "fair weather" series of beaches in 2015 to show everyone that it's not all grey skies all the time!

As 2014 comes to an end, many people are busy coming up with goals for 2015. I tend to lean towards goal setting and list making, but I am trying to tone that down a bit. I do have things I want to do and things I want to accomplish. But most of all, I want to "just be"...enjoy what I have and where I am, and enjoy doing things to get me to where I want to be. 

Here's to the promise that comes with a new year!


No comments: