Wednesday, July 30, 2014

ribet

I haven't been out taking may photos for a long, long time. However, I do grab my camera and go out into the yard on occasion :)

A couple of years ago, John dug out a huge pond next to our flower garden. We have koi and goldfish, and one very big frog. I was sitting on the rock bench beside the pond a few days ago after feeding the fish, and noticed the frog at the edge of the pond. He (she?) was opening and closing his mouth and of course I thought "I need my camera"! I grabbed my gear from the house...and a nice comfy chair pad because there is stone around our pond and my knees are not kind to me these days.

Here are a couple of photos of my set up:
here's my set up...I circled the frog in red to make it easier for you to find him

patience requires comfort...I was kneeling on a chair pad waiting for the frog to croak
I took many, many photos of the frog but he refused to open his mouth! I lost patience...took some other photos...
looking around the garden
....go back to the task at hand and.....aha....got it!
I actually like the close mouthed photo better, but now you know how I amuse myself...it doesn't take much!

No comments: