Monday, July 14, 2014

ants

I put up a new hummingbird feeder a week or so ago. One day last week, I looked out and there was a stream of ants going down the feeder. Many had gotten inside the feeder and were swimming in the hummer food. I cleaned up the mess, but before I did that I grabbed my camera and macro lens. I took most of the photos when they were on the "umbrella"...a little contraption from Lee Valley Tools that you fill with water to keep ants out of the hummingbird feeder (our umbrella was empty of water, hence the ant invasion). The feeder is all fixed now with fresh hummer food, and the little umbrella is filled with water so there will be no more chances to take ant photos in this location!



Did you ever sing this song when you were a kid?

The ants go marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah
The ants go marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah
The ants go marching one by one,
The little one stops to suck her thumb
And they all go marching down to the ground
To get out of the rain, BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!


2 comments:

TeresaA said...

I love these! My favourite is the first one but they are all great.

Sybil said...

Wonderful pics. Know the song. How about: "Once there was a silly old ant, thought he'd move a rubber tree plant, but anyone knows an ant, can't , move a rubber tree plant ... but he's got HIGH HOPES " ...