Friday, January 3, 2014

Small Town Girl in the Big City

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I was in Toronto being filmed. Blurb Books (based in San Francisco) selected 6 Canadian authors to feature in some upcoming promotional videos. I was one of the fortunate few, and was flown into Toronto for 2 days of filming. For each of us, they'll be turning 5 hours of film into a 3 minute video, so who knows what content will end up in the video. For me, they filmed about my Paws For Charity Project on the first day. The second day was an interview about many of the different books I have created. It was fun, but exhausting. Here is a link to a little promo video featuring all 6 of the Canadians who will be featured (don't blink, or you'll miss me!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWAv7H3Qa4

Between the 2 filming segments, I had time to meet my son and his girlfriend for lunch....had a fabulous dinner with the other authors and Blurb crew....and took myself on a little tour of downtown Toronto with my camera. I felt like a country bumpkin in the big city! Here are some of my photos.
view from my room at The Hyatt


wish I could have captured this photo without the man in the background!

look closely, and you'll realize that this whole photo is a reflection

I love old churches!

I took a lot of "old versus new" photos


windows and reflections

2 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

Sounds and looks like you had a wonderful time, Sara. I personally love that gorgeous tree in the church yard. Love seeing the architecture of Toronto too.

martha brown said...

I love my big city! And I love my small town :) I am the luckiest girl ever.... These shots are fantastic!