Monday, September 23, 2013

Hirtle's Beach

On Saturday, I joined 9 people from our photography club at Hirtle's Beach. Four adventurous souls took the 7 km hike around Gaff Point, but I stayed on the beach (still waiting for physio and I didn't want to press my luck). It was a beautiful day...nice and warm with no fog (rare for Hirtle's Beach!). I'm not sure why my photos turned out so dark...the sky wasn't nearly as dramatic as it looks in my photos...but I like the look.
I tried to take some video of the waves and the sound of the rocks chattering as the waves pulled out from shore, but obviously I don't know how to work the video part of my camera because the 3 videos I thought I took aren't on my memory card!


7 comments:

TeresaA said...

I LOVE the first one. it has a real surreal feel to it.

CrimsonLeaves said...

Absolutely stunning skies, my favorite kind too. The cool colors come together beautifully and make me think of the days of long ago (before our modern times, for sure) when explorers came upon such shores. A story there...

Lorette Cole said...

Love your photos. You're on my morning internet "cruise"... late today... :)keep up the great work! We're here cheering you on!

Taos Sunflower said...

More great photos. Love that dark sky. That last photo is really something; it makes me think of an intriguing story about to unfold.

Sybil said...

Still haven't made it to Hirtle's Beach. It looks like a lovely spot.

Anonymous said...


I can see the last one as a book cover too.
Will try to imagine the "chatter."
Thanks Sara.
Judy

Flora Doehler said...

These are gorgeous! It makes me want to see that beach!