Monday, August 26, 2013

how does your garden grow?

I have been asked to speak to the Bridgewater Garden Club in September, which has me going through all my flower and garden photos. When we moved here, the house was literally in the middle of a hay field with the uncut hay coming right up to the house. Things have changed in the five years (six growing seasons) that we have been here! Here are some "before" photos from 2008, and "after" photos from this summer.
door to porch - 2008

door to porch - 2013

back yard garden - 2008

back yard garden - 2013 (July)

back garden from side - 2008
back garden from side -2013 (June)


2013 - from back of yard


August 2013

side of house - 2008

side of house - 2013

3 comments:

martha brown said...

I love seeing the evolution of your garden! I wish that I could live there. Congrats on your upcoming speaking engagement - good luck!

CrimsonLeaves said...

What a gorgeous home!! Love the huge property you sit on too. Do you farm the outlying land?

Sybil said...

Wonderful garden. Isn't it marvellous to see and delight in your accomplishments !