Monday, June 17, 2013

Lupins

I'm back! I was sick for a couple of weeks...a summer cold. I can't complain, though, because I haven't had a cold for many, many years. For the past few days, I haven't been able to access my desktop computer but that seemed to sort itself out somehow. And we finally got a couple of days of sunshine (I almost forgot what sunshine was!) so I have been busy in the garden. Not too much photo taking has been going on, but I did grab my camera when the sun finally came out and took a few photos of our lupins. Lupins grow like crazy in the wild everywhere in Nova Scotia. But it has taken me a few years to finally get them growing in my yard!










4 comments:

Amanda Pedro said...

While driving back and forth to Halifax this past week, I've been admiring the lupins. Yes, they are everywhere on the highways. I remember trying to grow some in Toronto, but had no luck. I wonder if the deer would eat them?
Love the dew drop pictures. :} And thanks for your well wishes on my post. Our mutual friend will be here soon. We'll have to meet up.

Sybil said...

I'm loopy for Lupins ! Just love 'em. Folk told me that they don't transplant well, but I dug some up and bunged them into my yard anyhoo. I am happy to report that they did take and are doing fine.

Glad you're feeling better.

Taos Sunflower said...

I love lupines. Our many drought years have stunted ours into not even trying to come up anymore, sadly. Your photo of the dew drops is wonderful. PS I love love love your house.

Anonymous said...

The fields of Lupins in Nova Scotia are wonderful. Such a beautiful blue!
Thank-you Sara
Judy