Thursday, March 14, 2013

Eagle Watch

I have been waiting to post these photos, because I didn't want to show them before the "Silent Essay" competition was held at our photo club. I used most of these in my Silent Essay. 

John and I head over to the Sheffield Mills Eagle Watch every year, which is held the last weekend in January and the first weekend in February. This was our fifth year, but my first year with my "big lens". I was in heaven! It took me five years, but I finally have photos that I'm happy with. Sometimes you just have to keep trying.

I seldom watermark my photos, but I did this time just in case someone "borrows" them.

If you want to watch my silent essay, you can click on this link and view it on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Dg-Uxo46Wc












7 comments:

Janet said...

Oh.My.

Beautiful, Sara - absolutely beautiful :)

Lynda said...

Those are absolutely stunning photographs. Well done!

Amanda Pedro said...

WOW! These are incredible! So clear and close!
Good for you!

Sybil said...

Damn, damn, damn, damn. These are fabulous Sara. You know why I'm miffed don't you ? You remember MY post about Eagle Watch ?

Sigh. I never saw anything like this.

That is one wicked beak.

How early were you there ?

Patchmaker said...

Wow! Those are amazing!

Marcie said...

WOW..WOW..WOW! I've never seen a real eagle before. These are extraordinary!!!

Anonymous said...

The shot of the eagle coming toward you was astounding. The bare branches set a wonderful mood. My favourite though was the four(?) on the ground, it told a little story.
And I thought the ones from other years were great.
I'm anxious to see what's next.
Judy