Thursday, February 28, 2013

Portrait Session

Although it has been a difficult time (thank you for all your kind condolences), we did have something good happen in February! Our son Cody visited us from Toronto for a week. I arranged for Cody and I to have a portrait session while he was here. 

This year is a special year for us, and it's all about the number 26. My birthday is May 26th. Cody was born on May 26th, on my 26th birthday. This year he'll be 26, and it has been 20 years since our first official portrait was taken so I got to thinking that this was the year for another special portrait.

This photo is from 20 years ago, and is dry mounted in a 19 x 19 inch square, hanging in our bedroom. I just love the expression on his face...he was six years old at the time.
I asked Bridgewater photographer John Burnett if he would take our portrait. John is a member of our local photo club and a wonderful portrait photographer (as well as a spectacular photographer in general!) John's website is here if you want to take a look: jburnett.artistwebsites.com/ 

"The Kiss" is my favourite....we are huggers....not kissers....so this is truly an historic moment! I'll be adding it to my bedroom wall beside our 20 year old portrait.
John Burnett will be displaying his photographs at The Flying Fox Bakery, 16 John Street in Shelburne, NS during the month of March.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sara
So sorry to hear about Mulligan. I've been away.Nice to have Cody there at this time!
I'm wondering what portrait you picked? Oh right "The Kiss". Perfect.
I'll check John Burnett's websight.
Take care.
Judy

Taos Sunflower said...

Life seems to zoom by so quickly, and stopping to record brief moments in such special photographs is a wonderful thing to do. I'm glad you got to spend time with your son and lift your spirits.

Sybil said...

Those are wonderful shots, and the kiss is my favourite. I AM from a family of kissers. The men in my family kiss. Used to freak out my ex ... lol

Sybil said...

Y'know I looked over them again and love that as a child he was leaning on you, and in that first shot you're leaning on him ...

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about this on my way home tonight and was going to ask you how it went.
I too like the leaning in one as a reflection of the first photo. My favourite is "The Kiss"...your face is all lit up : )
BEAUTIFUL PICS!!
Love you both!
DIL
xo