Tuesday, January 1, 2013

with each new season...

Happy New Year! I thought I'd kick off my blog this year with a little inspiration...a window I (almost) finished a couple of weeks ago. It still needs to be grouted. I took the photos just after I finished gluing the window, so the glue shows in the photos, but it has dried clear now. 

The window is a four season tree, with some of the phrases from an inspirational piece I wrote after I was diagnosed with cancer etched onto the roots and branches of the tree.

My roots will ground me as I reach for my dreams.
With each new season, I will blossom and grow.
When ill winds blow, I will bend but not break.
I will nurture and protect those who take shelter with me.
- S.Harley

My roots will ground me as I reach for my dreams

With each new season, I will blossom and grow. When ill winds blow, I will bend but not break.

A new year....a new season...to blossom and grow. Happy New Year!

5 comments:

martha brown said...

This one is beautiful, Sara!

Taos Sunflower said...

Beautiful...your poetry, your window. Happy new year...

Sybil N said...

Lovely Sara. Will you keep it ?

Pat MacKenzie said...

What a beautiful window and sentiment. Happy new year.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Gorgeous!