Friday, January 18, 2013

quick pic

Purgatory gets a dusting of snow
Last night was the first of a 6 session course for me in "Creative Photography". I'm still processing things in my mind, and I have an assignment that I have to complete over the next 2 weeks. In the meantime, here is a quick photo I took when I arrived home this afternoon (since the course is in the big city, I stayed overnight at G & DIL's instead of driving home). According to our instructor, about 80% of all photos taken are horizontal images. Speaking for myself, I'd say that about 98% of my images are in the horizontal format. Why is that? I think it's just more comfortable for me to hold my camera that way. So today, when I looked out to Purgatory and saw these barrels dusted in snow, I took a vertical shot!

5 comments:

Janet said...

Great pic, Sara - and I love the new header!! Hmm, I wonder if you're taking the same photography class my friend Janice is taking?

Enjoy the brief winter freeze - I'm looking for warmer temps already, but the Egg is getting fired up for BBQ pizza (we are such northerners :)

Sybil N said...

Fabulous photo.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Doesn't this photo stand tall!
Beautiful textures. Love the colour of forward barrel and the crescents in the rake. I know it's hard to take me seriously when I thought the field photo was black and white, but I thank you for a lovely still life, anyway.
Judy

Marcie said...

Love the warmth of the sun in this winter image.

Pat MacKenzie said...

A beautiful shot. My first instinct was to say that most of my pictures are horizontal but as I looked through an album or two I've decided that I'm just about half and half with verticals and horizontals. Your pictures are always great no matter what direction they are.