Saturday, December 22, 2012

dancing lights

Today we're having a party to celebrate a birthday. Actually, we're celebrating 3 birthdays. It started out as my annual gift to celebrate John's birthday...I cook him a "gourmet" dinner (well, as gourmet as I can handle) and we celebrate with our son G, DIL, and Miss M. This is a special gift from me to John, because John is the one who cooks 95% of our suppers. (I am a very lucky woman...he does lunches too!) One thing led to another, and we're celebrating 2 additional birthdays with special people we have met since moving to Nova Scotia. Life is good!

For the past few years, I have experimented with "painting with light" using the lights of our Christmas trees....fun to do! The first one is for John...it's as close to hearts as I could get.
this one is for John





4 comments:

Janet said...

cool effect, Sara. And a very Happy Birthday to John!!

BTW - I loved your pics on the last blogpost - they were so peaceful and, to me, they had an almost sepia effect!

Anonymous said...

I thought
"Ooo-oo Sarah's got a new banner. It's so nice. Wonder how long she's had it?" I was hoping I hadn't missed it before. Nope.
Love your lights.
Happy Birthday John.
Judy

Taos Sunflower said...

Best wishes to all...love your light paintings.

Sybil said...

Love the heart one best. How creative you are.