Tuesday, November 20, 2012

recuperating nicely

Thank you to everyone who has emailed me over the past few weeks with kind thoughts. I have had one follow up visit with my eye surgeon, and am scheduled for another visit next Monday.

The first week was pretty grim, with me feeling sorry for myself most of the time. The good news was that I wasn't frustrated about not being able to do much because I simply didn't feel like doing anything! By the second week, I was feeling a bit better and there was a lot of progress with both how my eye felt as well as my eyesight.

I still have blurry vision, but my eye doesn't hurt any more. Yay! I still get tired, but I am able to work on the computer now and have even been out in the backyard with my camera. These frosty flowers were taken early in the morning a couple of weeks ago....not too long after my surgery. Even eye surgery can't diminish my desire to take photographs!


5 comments:

Janet said...

So glad to see you back on the Interwebs, Sara :) And taking pictures to share with us - yay! Great pics today - love the yellow flower one.

Sounds like you are on the road to recovery - good to hear!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Gorgeous photos! And I wish for a speedy recovery for you; I know how frustrating it can be to not be able to "do"!

Sybil said...

Wonderful images Sara. Lovely metaphor about life. Those flowers are even more beautiful under the stress of the frost ...

Taos Sunflower said...

Sara: It's good to hear your voice and see your beautiful photos. Stay the course and feel better.

Pat MacKenzie said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better and regaining your eyesight. The pictures are truly beautiful.