Tuesday, October 30, 2012

poor me

It's dreary and rainy here, but I am selfishly thankful that Hurricane Sandy missed Nova Scotia.
Thankful for lots of things, even though I am feeling very sorry for myself. I had emergency eye surgery on Friday to repair a detached retina. It was caught in time to prevent blindness, but not soon enough to repair with laser surgery. So....full blown operating room surgery...and now I am home hoping for a speedy recovery. Patience is not my strength. 

I can work for a limited time on our laptop, but my desktop computer is a no go zone right now...too bright for my eye to handle. No photography. No sudden movements. I can only sleep on my right side (doctor's orders) which is causing great pain to my bad hip.Every time I blink it hurts. Boo! No one needs to feel sorry for me, because I'm looking after that well enough myself!

The good news is that I don't need to invest in a Hallowe'en costume this year. My eye is one scary sight! I won't be updating the blog for a couple of weeks.  Next time you hear from me, hopefully I'll be saying I can see again!

5 comments:

Patchmaker said...

Oh goodness - I'm so glad they caught it in time! Hope your recovery is peaceful, relaxing, and speedy!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Poor you! Hope you're feeling better really, really soon!

Sybil said...

You have every right to feel sorry for yourself.

Enjoy the wallow. I hope you are being babied and taken care of.

Looking forward to your return to the blog-o-sphere.

Susan said...

omg ! I'm with Sybil you sure do deserve to fee sorry for yourself. I can't even imagine & with my busy work life eek !!

counting my blessings ... wishing you lots of TLC and a very speedy recovery. Thanks for the music link xo Susan + gang

Pat MacKenzie said...

Hang in there. Things can only get better. Your eyes are too important to not take care of. It must be very frustrating for you not to be able to see the world through your camera lens right now. Take care.