Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Lawrencetown Beach

We drove up to Musquodoboit Harbour today to drop off four of my windows at The Tourist Trap, and on the way back we took a detour to Lawrencetown. We haven't been there for several years, and rarely (if ever!) on a bright sunny, summer day. 

Our first stop was for lunch.

This is a popular stop for surfers. There is a sign in one of the windows that says "Please don't change in the parking lot".
What a view!
Lunch was all home made, and very good....highly recommended!
Lawrencetown Beach
According to the news, the water is 5 degrees (celcius) warmer than usual this year. There were certainly a lot of people in the water.
a lucky Lab gets to play fetch
Another great day in Nova Scotia!

4 comments:

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I used to go to Lawrencetown Beach with friends in the late 70's. Back from the beach front were rows of private cottages; we'd dig clams and have bonfires. Then the gov't took it over and I haven't been back. But I've often thought about it and wanted to go back. Perhaps I will now .... with a stop for lunch, of course.

Thanks for showing me what I've been missing all these years.

Taos Sunflower said...

That's a kick. Growing up here in surfing country, I would never have guessed you'd have surfers in NS. PS Generations of ours have become quite adept at changing while wrapped in towels, whether on the beach, in parking lots, or next to their cars parked on the highway. I can't help but wonder what happened back there to prompt the ban! Maybe someone needs towel lessons? BTW, I think it's sweet that someone is actually still considerate like that. You can see about anything out here if you wait long enough! LOL

Sybil said...

I love that we have year-round surfing in Nova Scotia. It was quite the surprise for this CFA (come from away) gal.

Sandy, aka Doris, do visit Lawrencetown, you won't be disappointed.

stampernancy@hotmail.com said...

Tea Room - Surf Shop - same location - gotta love Nova Scotia!