Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Hollyhocks - completed!

You may remember the Hollyhock window I showed on the blog in July. If not, here is a link to see the window before I grouted it: http://www.sharleystudio.blogspot.ca/2012/07/hollyhocks.html

I was originally going to add a pale grout, but decided to stick with black and I'm glad I did! I love the way the black grout makes the colours pop.
when the light shines from behind, some of the glass globs look black instead of iridescent green
The one thing I'm not totally happy with is the fact that the opague "glass globs" look black when the sun is shining from the back. Live and learn....I won't use those ones again!
the light is shining from the front....notice the iridescent glass
But I do like the way they look when the light is not shining from behind.

This window will be headed to the gallery in Musquodoboit Harbour soon.


1 comment:

Taos Sunflower said...

Every time you do a new window, I think it's my favorite. You've done it again! PS Love the garlic story...will you braid them???