Thursday, May 17, 2012

down the garden path

We moved to Nova Scotia four years ago, and are going through our fifth spring. Time sure does fly. Every spring, I have envied the many yards that have a red flowering shrub...they are quite common around here. One year, I mistakenly bought an azalea (but no flowering shrub is actually a mistake!). Then, last fall, I found out what the shrub is actually called....a quince. So, I've been on the hunt this spring and found some at a small garden centre called One Sky Now. (www.oneskynow.com) It was my lucky day in more ways than one...
notice the ears in the window

They have miniature donkeys at One Sky Now, and a baby had been born just the day before. "Annie" had a son, who has been named "Alice" (after Alice Cooper). I took some photos but was quite disappointed with them when I got home. I had the wrong settings for low light, and all the photos were blurry. These are the best two photos. I generally don't do any post processing, but I did play up the old fashioned feel with the bottom photo. Notice the ears in the window of the first photo? The donkey outside let out a huge braying bellow...irritated about being left out I guess!
the one day old son is almost as big as his mom!

1 comment:

Sybil said...

Love the ears in the window ! Glad you pointed them out.