Monday, May 28, 2012

keep it simple

I had myself convinced that I needed a wide angle lens...did some research...bought one...and brought it home. After a few outings with John, and quite determined that I would like the lens if I just used it a little more... Well, it was not to be. I disliked the lens a LOT.

But, I did discover a lot about my photography. I hadn't realized it before, but I like to be up close and personal with my photos. It seems I like simple, and not photographs of far away scenery. 

We took the lens back, and today I was outside happily photographing raindrops on lily leaves. Bliss.








3 comments:

stampernancy@hotmail.com said...

fabulous photos - skip the other lenses! your photos are great!

Taos Sunflower said...

Those photos are just beautiful. Isn't it great when you discover that simple is better and what is often right in front of our noses is what makes us the happiest?

Sybil said...

Isn't that funny -- I was out today taking shots of droplets on blades of grass. I'm fascinated by the surface tension phenomenon ...