Sunday, May 13, 2012

Believe In Dreams

This was a window commission that I worked on a while ago. I enjoyed it hanging in our living room for a while, and just added the grout yesterday. I chose a lighter grout than usual (sand instead of black)...I thought it would look nicer since all the glass is in pastels. The frame was sanded and left rustic, with a couple of coats of varnish. The woman who ordered it asked for a butterfly in pastels. I added the etched words "Believe In Dreams" because that's the name of her website. Hope she likes it!
window with the light shining through

window with light coming from the front - sand coloured grout used
detail of the top half


detail of the bottom half

Believe In Dreams is etched in the mauve glass

9 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, Sara this is stunning!!!!!!!!!!... absolutely love the lavender hues, the "bead" glass... I know it's not called that..lol... just beautiful. I think it's my new favorite.

Taos Sunflower said...

Sara...this is so beautiful. What a lucky person it is who gets to own it. How I wish we weren't so far apart and I, too, could own a piece of your work. Do you ever make cards with photos of your windows??

TeresaA said...

Sara- this is the most beautiful window you've done yet. Congratulations. It's a stunner!

stampernancy@hotmail.com said...

stunning, spectacular, gorgeous and beautiful only begin to describe this piece - you have outdone yourself with this one! thank you for sharing this with us

BelieveInDreams said...

Sara, looking at the pictures again this morning before I post them to facebook....I love this, cannot wait until it is hanging in my home. Knew that if I left if up to you, that you would create something magical.....you are the best! Thank you! Hugs to both you and John,

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful, Sarah
Judy

Pat MacKenzie said...

A truly beautiful window in all its views. How could she not love it.

martha brown said...

This is my favourite window that you have created (so far). It is spectacular! I'm a bit behind on my blog reading (and posting) :)

aliceinparis said...

This is really a gorgeous window! Love the colour and theme!