Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Oh deer, foxy lady

I have the best husband in the world. For two days last week, we fought about whether I should buy a new lens for my camera or not. He was insisting that we buy the lens, I was thinking it wasn't the right time (visions of dollar signs dancing in my head). He won the battle, and we headed into Halifax on Saturday to purchase a new lens. 

How many husbands encourage their wives to spend money on a hobby? My new baby is a Sigma OS 150-500mm. And....nature has been kind to me in the past few days, and has given me opportunity to try out the lens! 

It's going to be a great spring and summer with my new toy thanks to my husband. (did I mention that he makes all the lunches and most of the dinners too?)
female fox - photo taken through our living room window


pileated woodpecker


they are so cute when they're not eating the garden!

where the expression "high tail it out of here" came from

2 comments:

Taos Sunflower said...

Those are some amazing photos...especially the one with the deer jumping. I would love a good lens like that...maybe someday. PS Your husband sounds like a wonderful guy; I have one, too, even though he doesn't cook, he is endlessly supportive of my hobbies. Aren't we lucky!

TeresaA said...

can your husband talk to my husband??
great lens, you are going to have a blast