Sunday, March 4, 2012

morning routine

Every morning the 2 dogs and I head down the driveway to get the paper. It's a half mile walk down, and...you guessed it...another half mile back. It was dull and dreary yesterday, and oh so very quiet. All I could hear was the crunch of my footsteps, the pulling of Riley's leash, and Mulligan's bell jingling through the woods.
we have left the open field and head down the driveway through the woods


Mulligan wears I bell so I can hear where she is when she wanders in the woods


I pick up the paper from the mailbox and Mulligan waits at the end of the driveway

Looking Up - it's a dull day, but quietly beautiful

we're out of the woods and into the clearing...our house is hiding behind the apple trees

Today was a different story. After yesterday's pouring rain, our driveway is a skating rink. No walk today...we cheated and took a drive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank-you for my virtual walk. Thanks to your comments, I could hear it too.Must rig it so I can expend some calories.!
Hv a good day Sarah.
Judy

Taos Sunflower said...

That's a good morning workout; the dogs must really look forward to that. Do you get a mud season in the spring, as we do?

Sybil said...

Thanks for taking me along on your walk to fetch the paper. WOW -- that's a long driveway.