Monday, March 26, 2012

The Flat Stanley Project

If you are a parent, or a grandparent, of an elementary school child you probably know the story about Flat Stanley. From the Flat Stanley website: Flat Stanley was first flattened by a bulletin board in his original adventure over forty-five years ago, enabling him to fly like a kite, slip under doors, and travel by mail. The same Stanley has inspired countless children to make their own flat character cutouts to send through the mail.

I have four Flat Stanleys from Toronto, Ontario visiting me in Nova Scotia for a couple of weeks. My flat friends are:
Flat Chris, from Chris (age 6, first grade)
Flat Chris

Flat Stella, from Celina (age 7, second grade)
Flat Stella


Ms. Flat, from Rebecca (age 6, first grade)
Ms. Flat


and Flat Luke, from Luca (age 6, first grade) 
Flat Luke

We'll be going on some adventures over the next week or so, and it will all be recorded on the blog. Get ready! Ms. Flat, Flat Stella, Flat Luke, Flat Chris and I are going to have some fun!

2 comments:

martha brown said...

I don't think that I could be more appreciative than i am right now! the kids will be thrilled! thank you and I CANT WAIT to follow their adventures. I'd better get blogging so I can send some parents to your blog :)

Taos Sunflower said...

I just met Flat Stanley for the first time this winter, and frankly, I fell in love with him! He came and visited us in NM, and we took him to visit Santa Fe while he was there. It will be fun to see where you take him.