Friday, February 3, 2012

Fifty Flowers

A friend, who shall remain nameless, had a milestone birthday yesterday...the big 5-0. I feel free to tease her, because I've been there, done that!

I created this window for her special day. It has fifty flowers, with this phrase engraved into the window:
     A colourful flower for each year
     Family and friends that you hold dear

The leaves are engraved with family and friends she has had throughout the years (after consultation with a couple of people closest to her). I can add more leaves and names if we've forgotten someone special.
She has a very large garden, so hopefully she'll be able to find a spot for this window.

5 comments:

Heather T. said...

This is a beautiful gift, Sara!! I love your windows. You do such a nice job on them.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so very much for my gifts. As you know brought tears to me eyes. You both made my day so special. You both make EVERY day special.
They say you can choose your friends but not your family; I am blessed to be able to count you as both!
Lots of Love,
DIL
xo

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Lucky friend. Beautiful window. I love the idea of the names on the leaves. I have to think about what I want my next window to be ;-) because you know it's coming. I can't help myself.

Pat MacKenzie said...

What an amazing gift for your friend. And yes, I counted the flowers, all 50 of them! You are so talented.

Sybil said...

Lucky friend -- on so many levels.