Tuesday, February 21, 2012

a day out

John has been quite ill for the past 10 days with a cold and terrible cough. Although I am the more non social person of the two of us, it was time for me to get out of the house. I met DIL for a shopping expedition to Mother Hubbard's Cupboard in...where else?...Hubbards. I bought a couple of small things, but really would have liked to purchase a $2000, 8 foot tall cabinet/cupboard. Maybe after I win the lottery. But, not likely, as I don't invest in lotto tickets.

On we went to Chester, for a lovely lunch at the Kiwi Cafe. A bit of dreaming at the local real estate office, then a trip back home via the old highway along the shore. Even in the winter, the ocean is beautiful.




3 comments:

Janet said...

Hope John is feeling better soon!

I've never been to Mother Hubbard's - it's on my list. I have been to the Kiwi Cafe - yummy!! Great pics, Sara - and I have to say how much I love your new header...there was a lot of 'awwww' when I clicked over to your blog!!

mickey johnson said...

sounds like a wonderful day. so sorry your hubby is ill...hope he recovers soon. ten days is far too long. can't wait to see these places for myself:) xoxo, mickey

Taos Sunflower said...

Oh, how I can see myself living in that wonderful house by the water...