Tuesday, January 10, 2012

a real drag

John and I took a ride on G's ATV on Saturday...just through our neighbour's forest and around our own property. I spotted a rock in the old barn foundation on our property (barn long gone) and thought it might be nice to have it up around our garden.
first dragging attempt with the ATV
So Sunday afternoon we were out rock moving. The people who originally cleared our land were probably looking on and shaking their heads. The most difficult thing was digging underneath the rock to get the harness around it. Once we managed that, it was a lot easier than I thought.
we used the tractor for the second attempt
The ATV couldn't pull it, so John got out the tractor. Easy peasey! John dragged it up the hill, through the field, and over to the flower garden behind our house.
success! dragging the rock through the field
Now it's waiting for spring and a little garden "enhancement".
the conquering hero

3 comments:

Sybil said...

Ahh boys and their toys ! ;-) I'd love to be able to drag home some large rocks for my garden too.

Janet said...

Like Sybil, I would love to drag some large rocks home, too. Do you rent John and his tractor out?

Can't wait to see what you do with it - remember to post update pictures, Sara :)

Pat MacKenzie said...

I'm always amazed at how heavy rocks and logs are. Itr looks like a lovely addition to your garden.