Saturday, January 7, 2012

Margot's Terns

Margot's Terns
This was the 3rd commissioned piece I created for Christmas. A husband ordered it to give to his wife, and was determined to have 2 "common terns" on the window.
I decided not to grout the window, but told the customer I would add it if they wanted
I fretted big time over creating this...after all, I have only done flowers and abstracts up until now. I pulled a couple of photos from the internet as my inspiration and came up with this design.
the clear glass is iridescent and looks like shimmering water in certain light
I was extremely happy with the creation. Glass is the only medium I create with that I am generally happy with my results. When I paint, or take photos, I can usually find something I'd like to improve on!
the crest on their heads looks black when the light is not shining through the window
I owe a big thank you to this customer because it really stretched my abilities and increased my confidence level. A good lesson for me...to not be afraid to try something new!

4 comments:

Frosty Duncan said...

beautiful....

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Oh my lord ! that is beautiful. I love it. I just know I'm going to ask you to make another one for me in the coming year. I have just fallen in love with your work.

Patchmaker said...

It's beautiful, Sara; great job! They'll love it.

Sybil said...

Lucky wife to receive such a beautiful gift.

Glad you spread your wings ...