Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bald Eagles - part 1

Today we headed over to Sheffield Mills to try to capture some Bald Eagles. For the past few years, we have gone during the Eagle Watch but this year I wanted to go before the festival weekends. We had the area practically to ourselves, and I was able to walk out on the fields to get up close and personal with some of the eagles. It was freezing cold...-10C with a wind chill of -20C I'm sure...my fingers were so cold when I got back in the car that I started to cry. Two minutes later I spotted another eagle up around the bend and asked John to pull over so I could get out and take more photos! Enough chatter...I'll let the photos speak for themselves.








4 comments:

Sybil said...

Your shots are spectacular !

I went last year and it was nuts. Cars lined up down the road. We couldn't enter the field. A row of photographers were lined up at the edge of the field. The eagles were little dots in a tree at the end of the field.

What I was expecting to see was what you've depicted here.

Sigh ...

Janet said...

All I have to say is WOW!

(...and I'm off to click the link you provided - I've heard so much about this, but have never gone over to see - maybe this is the year!)

TeresaA said...

great shots! I love #6. I am planning to go next week but may end up not getting anything with the photographers.

Pat MacKenzie said...

Your photos are amazing. I had no idea there were eagles n Nova Scotia - I must have had my head in the sand when we lived there.