Thursday, December 8, 2011

a walk on Hirtles Beach

near Lunenburg, on the Lighthouse Route
On Monday, while Riley was at the spa, Mulligan and I went for a drive. A quick stop was made to capture the above photo, then we headed to Kingsburg and went to Hirtles Beach. Ah, JOY! 

Mulligan
Because of the surgeries in our household, it has been a couple of months since I walked a beach. I can't explain how utterly happy I was. The only thing that would have made it better would be to have John and Riley there too.

But, John still has some healing to do before beach walking will be possible, and let's just say it wouldn't have been nearly as peaceful a walk if Riley was there!


I tried to film it so you could enjoy it too. This was my first attempt at using the video feature on my new little point and shoot camera. You'll have to suffer through a few seconds of wind noise, and then you'll be able to hear the waves.

3 comments:

Janet said...

Such a different beach today, Sara - we were over visiting friends in Riverport this morning and had to take a drive out to Hirtle's to see the waves. Spectacular. Hopefully I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Hirtle's is wonderful and always changing. I just can't get enough of the beaches :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the walk on Hirtle's. The surf sounds different in the winter. I see my favourite stone!
Judy

Sybil said...

ahhhh, another beach to add to my "explore" list.

Thanks for taking me along on the walk.

Wishing you and yours, improved health in the new year.

Sybil
Eastern Passage