Thursday, December 22, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree

I made a little gift for myself a few weeks ago. Right after my shoulder surgery, I was longing to work on glass but my shoulder was too weak. So I painstakingly glued glass baubles on a window (using only one arm) to make a Christmas tree.
After a few additional weeks, my arm was strong enough to do some cutting so I added the background in reds, greens, and clear glass....just a small window to bring some cheer into the house on these dreary rainy days. Looks like this year won't be a white Christmas!

some of the glass looks like it has been etched with frost

2 comments:

Janet said...

It's beautiful, Sara! Very festive!

And I loved the artsy pics of the red Christmas lights that you posted previously. Very cool!

Happy Holidays to you and John - and your family :)

Sybil said...

Sara, I'm catching up on your posts. Oh my these are lovely.

Happy New Year !

Sybil in Eastern Passage, NS