Monday, October 3, 2011

thank you, thank you very much

I've been awarded the "One Lovely Blog Award" by Grant at Sideways Glance.

The Rules:
1. Thank the person who shared the award with you by linking back to them in your post.
2. Pass this award to at least 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know that you included them in your blog post.
3. List 7 things about yourself.


One
I was nominated by Sideways Glance and I am very thankful and appreciative of being included. Thank you very much Grant!

Two
I am going to cheat here. I'm supposed to link to 15 recently discovered blogs. Well, I stopped cruising around the blog world several months ago. I felt I was wasting too much time in front of the computer. Don't get me wrong, I have learned a lot of things by blog visiting, and sometimes I'm quite inspired by other blogs. I've also made some great connections through my blog. I just got to feeling that I was too busy reading about other people's lives so I made a conscious decision to blog out. At the same time, I stopped updating my own blog as often.

Three
Here are 7 random things about myself:

1. I spent a career in power suits and high heels. I left that career 13 years ago and now spend most of my time in "farm clothes" and rubber boots. My fellow bankers would never recognize me!

2. I was an Ontario girl for my whole life (with a one year exception when I lived in Alberta). That changed 3 1/2 years ago when we moved to Nova Scotia. The biggest challenge was not in changing provinces, but in moving to "the country".

3. I have washed the bum of a baby guinea hen. I once spent a day walking around with a baby bird wrapped in a towel and tucked under my shirt to try to keep it warm and alive (I failed). I bet not too many people can say that.

4. My worst fear used to be getting cancer. My brother, mom, and sister all died from cancer. I faced that fear last year when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. So now when something challenges me, and I'm nervous, I think to myself....I've already faced my worst fear, so I can handle this challenge with no problems at all!

5. I love taking photographs, but feel most creative when I work with stained glass creating my "window art".

6. Although sometimes I wonder why I have pets, I can't imagine my home without them. And maybe someday I'll be able to add a cat back into my life :)

7. (the best for last) My best friend is my husband and life partner. Everything is better when it's shared with him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sarah.
A most deserved award!
judy