Friday, October 14, 2011

letting go

We just returned from a trip to Ontario....my first trip back since moving to Nova Scotia 3 1/2 years ago. It's a 16 hour drive, but we divided it up over two days. The dogs were fantastic travellers. Going back to Ontario made me realize just how much a country person I've become. I'm used to wide open spaces, and quiet...lots of quiet. You don't get that in big city living. As they say...a great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

One of the best things was being there to see our grandson learn to ride his bike without training wheels. I was the first to try, but I wouldn't let go of his seat so John took over. We went to the park three days in a row and our grandson's progress was amazing. He rode on his own on the first day, but by the third day he was starting on his own and zipping around and around the park...turning corners and riding by other people. The look on his face was pure joy and pride. I'm so happy we helped him discover his own abilities. A good lesson in believing in yourself (for him) and letting go (for us).




1 comment:

Pat MacKenzie said...

One (or two) of life's important lessons learned.