Thursday, October 27, 2011

hop to it

I took this grasshopper photo in the summer...John found this guy on one of our swing cushions, and I photographed him in the low light just before sundown using my macro lens. I really like the angles made by the cushion, his legs, and his antennae.

I, on the other hand, won't be hopping to much any time soon. I had surgery on my shoulder on Monday to fix a torn rotator cuff. I damaged it in a silly home accident in late January, so I'm glad to finally have the operation. But this is one of those "be careful what you wish for" things...the last few days have been difficult...I'm not good with pain. But....I am feeling more human today, so things are looking up! I am not allowed to lift or carry anything for 6 weeks, and will be one handed typing for a while! No photography...no glass work...but at least now I feel up to reading so that will keep me occupied.

3 comments:

Janet said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Sara. Enjoy the time reading and being catered to (because, really, if you can't lift or carry, you can't cook supper, do dishes, vaccuum, do laundry - the list is endless :)

And fabulous pic.

Pat MacKenzie said...

Its a beautiful picture Sara - the angles are perfect. Good luck with your recovery. Maybe the enforced rest will be good for you. Try not to go stir crazy.

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

the grasshopper is cute. surgery, oh my! i hope you recover quickly and are not in too much pain! take care and do not over do!!! xo, mickey