Tuesday, September 27, 2011

a little tour

We were over in Kentville yesterday for an appointment, and then did a little tour. First, to Port Williams for lunch and a quick visit to an antique store in a four storey barn. I was more enthralled with the barn than the antiques...there was so much stuff in there it would take many, many visits to see everything. But I do love a good barn, and this one is amazing.


After that, we swung by Halls Harbour. Usually we seem to tour through there in the off season, so it was nice to see everything bustling. The scent of fish and chips in the air had me wishing we waiting to have lunch on the pier. Next time!
these dahlias were in a vase attached to a bench on the pier

tide is low...notice where the boats are in relation to the pier

some bright flowers in the foreground...a nice foil for the rusty ship

high and dry...the boats rest on the harbour floor when the tide is out

4 comments:

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I love Halls Harbour; I've never eaten at the restaurant there. You got some lovely pics.

Lynda said...

Okay, I have to ask. Where did you eat in Port Williams? And if it was at the Port Pub, did you have the frozen chocolate mousse? (Because I still dream about that stuff and I only had one spoonful of it stolen from my son's plate in mid-July. It was that good.)

Karen said...

Beautiful photos, as always :-)

Janet said...

I'm glad you had such a lovely day to visit Hall's Harbour. Port Williams is such a lovely spot too!