Monday, August 1, 2011

signs of the times

When we last visited Cape St. Mary's, I spotted a house that looked abandonned and was interested in taking a closer look. When we visited on Friday, I took the opportunity.
I love old houses, and ramshackle buildings. There's so much character.
Yet, they make me feel sad as well. Sad that they sit neglected. Their walls must hold so many stories that have been long forgotten. If I was wealthy, I'd restore as many old homes as I could...back to their former glory. There are just so many homes and buildings in Nova Scotia that are beyond repair.
Someone has found a use for this home, but not what I would have chosen for it :)




1 comment:

Karen said...

I love those old homes too....amazing how many in your neck of the woods/ocean are abandoned.

Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing...