Wednesday, August 24, 2011

adventures

Yesterday was an unexpectedly awesome day. First, we were visited by two lovely ladies who dropped off some windows for me that one of them had found on the side of the road while out for a drive with her husband. (thanks Janet...these will keep me busy for a while!)


Then we received a phone call asking if we wanted to go for a sail in the afternoon. We had an absolutely gorgeous sail down the LaHave River to the ocean and back....a six hour excursion (not including the driving time). I purposely didn't take my camera with me (I tend to get a little unsociable when I'm concentrating on taking photos)...but I regretted it many times during the afternoon!


This morning I was up early trying to rescue one of our little guineas who escaped the coop last night (my fault entirely...I left the door open while I was putting food in the other end). Thankfully, she didn't get eaten during the night. After several unsuccessful attempts, she is back with her sister (yes...we finally have 2 females...yay!!)


And...as I promised myself...I headed out for another early morning photo excursion. Here are some of the photos I took at the lake on our road.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE those photos!!!!

GORGEOUS!

DIL
xo

Pat MacKenzie said...

I love the mist rising off the lake - so romantic and ethereal.

Anonymous said...

What a dream trip! Seeing the shore as if from an earlier age. Hope you got a chance to stretch your legs.
(understand about the camera)
Speaking of which, your photos are gorgeous.
Judy