Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Growing Green

I was very happy to hear that 3 of my windows have been selected, under a jury process, to be part of the artwork displayed at the upcoming Growing Green! Festival in Bridgewater. They were originally going to accept one piece of artwork from each successful applicant, but have decided to take all 3 of my submissions.
The festival runs from 8:30 to 12:30 on Saturday July 23rd, but all of my windows will be hanging in the library from July 23rd through August 26th. The festival celebrates learning to live within the Earth's means. My windows fall under the festival's criteria since I am "recycling" the windows to use as my canvasses.
This window will be part of the festival...it's still drying, so you can still see the glue...it will dry clear. I left the background clear...no in-fill or grout on this window...as a sample that sometimes it's better to "keep it simple". I sanded the frame, but left it "shabby chic" and will give the frame a protective coat of varathane.
I have been debating about whether or not to etch a saying on the window. The words I came up with are: "The magic of a garden soothes the soul."

Something is telling me not to add the saying, but I keep going back to take a look at the window, so I'm still debating.

6 comments:

Pat MacKenzie said...

What a beautiful window - I love the pearl accents around the border. I would vote to not add the words. The window itself will speak different things to different people.

Donna said...

It IS a gorgeous piece of art glass...and I agree with Pat about NOT adding words! It 'speaks' volumes without any!

TeresaA said...

congratulations and well deserved. I also vote for no words. However, you can put it on a tag attached to the window :)

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

of course they would want all of your windows!!! the jury shows exceptional taste. also, so love what this festival is about...living within our earths means. i am so excited for you. enjoy!

aliceinparis said...

Your windows are getting more and more beautiful! I would put no words on it but you are the artist and what speaks to you is what counts:)
Hope you are having a great summer!
Cheers, Shelagh

Sybil said...

I love those glass images.