Thursday, July 14, 2011

for dragonfly lovers

Seems I am on a dragonfly kick these days. Did you know that dragonflies only live 24 hours? (I didn't). You can't afford to have a bad day if you're a dragonfly. Update: seems I was passed along incorrect info. Dragonfiles actually live much longer...you can read about their life cycle by clicking this link.
Here is my latest work in progress...still lots of drying to do so the glue clears up. Once it has a chance to dry, I'll add some grout. Stay tuned.
a work in progress
All blues and greens, with a little bit of clear glass thrown in (embossed with flowers).

6 comments:

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

What a beauty this one is. My favorite colors too.

Janet said...

So very detailed, Sara - passing the link on to my friend who loves dragonflies :)

Alison said...

Hi Sara. I'm Janet's friend who loves dragonflies. They are gorgeous! Can't wait until Janet & I wend our way to your studio sometime to see them in person.

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

sara...that is gorgeous, truly a beautiful depiction of dragonflies. i was looking out at our pond just the other morning and there seemed to be hundreds of dragonflies flittering about above the water. in the orange sunlight of dawn, they looked golden and seemed to glow. it was very beautiful

Sara said...

Looking forward to meeting you Alison....I couldn't respond to your comment by email so am leaving a comment instead.

Vickie LeBlanc said...

How can I not love this... two of my favorites, dragonflies and blue. This is so beautiful.