Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bear River and windows

This photo was taken in Bear River...we took a little trip there last Sunday (after stopping in Bridgetown to see our granddaughter compete in a swim meet). As you might have guessed from my stained glass "window art"....I love old windows!
These windows are on a very tiny little building on main street. The village of Bear River has a population of 800 people, and is nestled in a ravine. Many of the buildings are on stilts, because Bear River rises and falls with the tides....25 feet....twice a day. It has a very artsy community. If I didn't like the South Shore so much, I might be tempted to move there. You can see a charming video about Bear River by clicking on this link.

Tomorrow afternoon John and I will be heading to the Bridgewater Library to help hang 3 of my windows for the Growing Green Festival. There was an article about the festival in the local paper this week. You can read about it at this link.

2 comments:

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

You are more than worthy of the honor. I'll be there tomorrow as well at the Hodge Podge Garden.

Lynda said...

What a coincidence! We were in Bear River on Sunday too! (If you were around in the late afternoon you may have seen us - we were the overheated-looking family drinking home-made lemonade in "My Dream Cafe" and trying to figure out what we were going to do as there was no-one home at the Inn we were supposed to be staying at!) We eventually found beds for the night and then went back on Monday morning and spent hours and many dollars in Flights of Fancy.....