Friday, June 17, 2011

Before & After: Dragonfly Window

My dragonfly window is almost complete...I just have to etch my signature with a dremel at the bottom of the window. Here is the "before" shot...the window without grout:

Here is the "after" shot...window complete with grout:

I like the way the grout makes the colours pop.  I left the window frame "shabby"...didn't paint it white like I do for most windows. The frame is predominantely maroon, with some off white chips on top. I varnished it with exterior varnish. This isn't my usual style, but I quite like the way it turned out.
detail from the grouted window...the frame has been left "shabby chic" with various paints showing

8 comments:

Heather T. said...

Sara, I just love what you do with these windows!!!! They're awesome.

Janet said...

Absolutely wonderful, Sara :) And I love the 'rustic-ness' of the frame. Is it for sale? Might have an interested party!!

stampernancy@hotmail.com said...

that is beautiful! I think I saw you in superstore this afternoon and was going to introduce myself but you were talking with someone else so I carried on - I almost waved when I saw you and then realized that we didn't really "know" each other - very odd - don't worry I am not some type of stalker lol Nancy LeB in B'water

Karen said...

This is Just.. So... Beautiful. WOW. Oh Sara, really I am in awe.

Vickie LeBlanc said...

My goodness that is gorgeously beautiful. Dragonflies are my favorite. You are very talented. I hope we can meet someday.

Sybil said...

I'm not much of a 'crafty' sorta gal Sara but I love the stained glass piece.

The dragonfly is marvellous.

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

sara...the dragonfly window is gorgeous. truly beautiful. you are right about the grout. it really does make it pop! xo, mickey

Lisa RedWillow said...

So very very beautiful