Saturday, May 7, 2011

Time to just be

I have decided to take a wee break from blogging to renew & recharge. The past 6 months have been a challenge....cancer diagnosis, losing our dog Cassie, radiation treatments, torn rotator cuff awaiting surgery, adjusting to breast cancer drug therapy, new puppy, John's knee replacement & recovery...

I find I have lost my positive outlook, and I want to refocus on what's important to me.

So, as I approach the big 5-0 I am going to spend my time doing what I love with the people I love. I'm going to recapture my positive outlook. I'm going to spend my time creating things I love. I'm going to garden, take walks on the beach, eat good food, and just be.

Until later!

9 comments:

Lisa RedWillow said...

Sara I understand you all to well. Have a wonderful time each day you do something different.
Your a blessing and I pray for your healing .

Lynda said...

I understand entirely but will leave you in my Reader, just in case you decide to return. And who knows, I may bump into you on the South Shore this July!! Keep well.

Anonymous said...

I'll miss your blog...........but understand totally.
Hope it's just for the summer. Be careful on the tractor(Lol)
Love Judy

Moose said...

Have a very special five oh...will be thinking of you. Tail wags,
~moose

Janet said...

A much deserved rest and respite, Sara! Like Lynda, I'll leave you in my Blog Reader so I'll know when you're back.

And perhaps we'll see you sometime soon (the deck chairs have been pulled from storage and we're big believers in 'just being').

Vickie LeBlanc said...

I'm happy I've discovered your blog a few months ago. I will be here for when you return. I also understand what your saying about recharging and rethinking... I have to force myself to do these things once in a while. Take care.

Janet said...

Wishing you well on your quest to re-charge your batteries - just being is a good thing. Will watch hopefully for your return to blogland!
Stay well.
Janet

Christine said...

You know what is important in life and you are an inspiration to me. Enjoy your "me" time.

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

sara...you are such an inspiration. it seems we live in the past and in the present and forget to live in the moment we have right now. enjoy your time of living in the present. your sweet light will burn ever brighter! xoxo