Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Window WIP

Last summer we went on a little trip up the eastern shore of Nova Scotia. One of our stops was the "Tourist Trap" in Musquodoboit Harbour. We got to talking with the owner and the chef after our meal, and I showed the owner a picture of my window art. She handed me window and told me to make one for her and drop it off sometime. We warned her it would be a year or more before we got back that way, but that was of no matter....that's the way things are here.


So I've been working on the window for the past few days. Here is the design laid out, but not glued yet. I spent this afternoon gluing everything. Next step is the "infill", and then grouting.
The colours look a little dull here, but they are bright yellow and a bluish/purple...nice and cheerful. Any ideas what to call this one?

3 comments:

Jess said...

The Blooms Are Worth The Wait

Karen said...

Another beautiful work, Sarah. Love the color combo! ....

Janet said...

ooooh! I can hardly wait to see a picture of the finished product!
It looks like despite the cold temps, spring ios coming.....