Wednesday, April 13, 2011

back to normal (again)

This is what I got to see this morning on my very early outing with the dogs. Sometimes we are up so early the owls are still hooting. I always grumble to myself (the only one who listens at that time of day!) when I roll out of bed, but am thankful when I get to experience mornings like this. It has been a hectic week, with no time for photography or window art. We have been visited daily by the VON after John's knee surgery and last Thursday's nurse told us we should go to emergency because she didn't like the look of John's leg. The next day, he was re-admitted into the Kentville hospital (remember that 1 1/2 hour drive I was talking about?). Friday afternoon, he had an emergency surgery to deal with infection and hematomas. He was in the hospital over the weekend, and got sprung again on Monday. So things are now slowly getting back to normal again. But I have a confession to make... I'm looking forward to John's leg getting healed because: 1. it's been a long time since we danced together and 2. I miss having my lunches and suppers prepared for me! (I think I might have mentioned before what a lucky gal I am!)

4 comments:

Karen said...

Ooh, so glad they caught the leg issues and treated it promptly!!!

Hope John is feeling much better already.

I get up that early too.. best part of the day!

Patchmaker said...

Glad John is doing better (again). That drive to Kentville must be feeling like a very long drive.

I totally agree about mornings - best part of the day!

Nancy said...

Oh sorry to hear John had to go through more surgery. I hope things get better soon. I love you new red rubber boots. My rubber boots have a hole in them. ;(

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

hope john recovers quickly and so glad he received the care he needed. i'm sure you will be dancing soon!