Tuesday, April 5, 2011

the long and not so winding road

My daily drive to the hospital in Kentville has ended....John is home! Much to our surprise, he was released yesterday after 3 days...the earliest release they do after a total knee replacement. No more drives on roads like this:Don't get me wrong, the drive is lovely. The roads are not. Nova Scotia roads are not great at the best of times, but spring brings many many potholes. Good thing I have a travel companion keeping her eyes on the road!(never fear, I did not take these photos while driving! I was safely pulled over to the side of the road with flashers on). So...John is home and heavily drugged. VON comes in daily to change the dressing on his knee (and I will be forever thankful that I don't have to do that myself!). Physio at the Bridgewater hospital starts tomorrow...only a 20 minute drive. Woo hoo!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Great news that John is home early!! You always heal better when you are comfy at home. Sorry to hear that you may need to consider surgery on your shoulder. Not fun. You two are keeping Nova Scotia's medical system on its toes!

Karen said...

Advil!

Hope you all have an uneventful and comfortable! week...

Love that Riley girl, how adorable. She really does look like a stuffed animal.

TeresaA said...

I am glad that he's home. I think we heal much faster in familiar surroundings!! let me know when he comes, perhaps we could meet for coffee.

Janet said...

Best of luck for a speedy rehab - tough and lots of pain, I had a hip replacement some years ago - that hwy 12 is tough in the spring with terrible frost heaves, glad you are not having to drive it any more.