Saturday, April 2, 2011

early mornings and lots of driving

One good thing about having a puppy is getting up early in the morning and going outside...you get to see moments like this....Another special photo.... Here is my man...and he has no facial hair! Only one time in the 20+ years I have known him, has he shaved his face free of all hair. This time was at the request of an anesthesiologist...he said that not having facial hair would make it easier on them during John's operation.Yes...we are at the hospital again for a period of time...this time for John. He had a total knee replacement on Friday and will be in the hospital until next Tuesday or Wednesday. After that, there will be four to six weeks of intense physio. And after that....it will be my turn again. I damaged my arm in a fall late January. It turns out I have a slightly seperated shoulder as well as a damaged rotator cuff. I am on the wait list for an orthopedic surgeon and MRI. And the news I found out today from my family doctor? (yes, a doctor who works on Saturdays!) They repair damaged rotator cuffs with surgery! Yikes. This will be my fifth surgery in 2 1/2 years. Really. I've had enough now. Really! But, for now we focus on John. The hospital is 1 1/2 hours away, so my day involves looking after dogs and driving to and from the hospital. Tomorrow I have a very important date. I'm having lunch with my man in the hospital...he in his bed eating "room service" food, and me by his side eating lunch from the hosptial cafeteria. Now that's what I call a hot date.

7 comments:

aliceinparis said...

So glad to hear that John is doing well! Busy week for you though.
5th time's a charm. Just think how lovely it will be to have an arm /shoulder that works properly. Pop by the market Sunday to pick up some food for lunch at the hospital:) Lots of yummy stuff.

Lisa RedWillow said...

Hi Sara. Hope and pray all goes well with the operation this week and for you as well. My husband has a very bad shoulder and needs to get it checked and wont.
Have a wonderful night and I adore your sunrise.
Beautiful.

TeresaA said...

wow, that is a lot of times under the knife! hopefully all will go well. I am glad that John seems to be doing well. Tell him I said 'hi'

Janet said...

I hope John's surgery and recovery/physio go well. And your's too when it's time.

You'll be one very busy woman with all that driving and the dogs (more so with Reilly being a puppy, not yet a dog). Take care, Sara :)

Janet said...

Oops, forgot to say that if you need some time, there's a place in Rhode's Corner that does Doggy Day Care - a couple of my friends take their pampered pooches there and they always give good reports.

Moose said...

Safe travels....
tail wags,
~moose

Karen said...

How did I miss this post?? UGH to the shoulder injury!!! I think I have the same torn rotary. For now I'm ignoring it.

And speedy recovery to John!!