Saturday, March 19, 2011

My reward

I have been a busy little bee this past week. Every moment not spent with the new pup has been spent at the computer creating the Love From Me Art Book, or spent in my studio creating a window project (more on that at a later date). I haven't had my camera out in a while (other than puppy photos) but grabbed it today when I saw these deer grazing when I looked up from my desk.I took a few shots with my regular lens, then ran and grabbed my zoom.
A couple shots with the zoom through the upstairs window, then I sneaked outside.
This is the first time in 3 years I've been able to get close enough for half decent photos.I felt so great, I didn't notice the fact that I had run outside without my usual coat, gloves, hat and scarf!

Right after this photo, the deer decided I was too close for comfort. There were 7 of them, and they all leaped gracefully away.

6 comments:

Christine said...

Wow, how beautiful! And you just don't get that in the city.

Emily said...

As long as they stay away from the road I think they're beautiful! My insurance company isn't quite happy with my annual run-ins.... :)

Frosty Duncan said...

Beautiful Shots!!!!

Moose said...

I love watching white tail deer leaping away with that tail up in air. You are amazing with the the design of the book.... Tail wags,
~moose

Karen said...

Great capture!!! Hard to do around here too.... don't you love when something special gives you an opportunity. I saw a seal by the water the other day, and NO CAMERA! Aaaaugh.

Janet said...

We had deer in our front yard around the supper hour last night - our supper hour and their's too because they were munching on my rhodadendrum (spelling?)! I didn't know they were there and when I went out to cover the BBQ, I scared them off - and the noise of 10 deer scampering off into the woods scared me!

Can't wait to hear more about the window project. And I love the new header, Sara :)