Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Wrapped in support

A wonderful package arrived in the mail last week...a hand knit scarf made with alpaca yarn.It was from a blogger friend, Jennifer, that I "met" several years ago. Jennifer no longer blogs...we lost her to Facebook (gasp). But we still keep in touch now and then. She taught herself to knit a couple of years ago...and now I'm a beneficiary of her talents!
When I sent an email to Jennifer to thank her, she replied "My intention was that you feel wrapped in support and strength and love and hope and healing when you wear the scarf."
I mean, really, how can a girl feel sorry for herself with such good friends in her life? Thanks Jennifer!

5 comments:

Janet said...

Sara: A lovely thought and a lovely gift.
Janet

Karen said...

Beautiful scarf! The color and the "pattern" - looks maaavelous on you, Sara - and what a special friend... even if she DID go to the other side :-)

Emily said...

Wonderful! What a comforting color too. It reminds me of those prayer shawls people knit.

Jennifer said...

Thanks to John for taking photos so I can see you wearing it! It looks perfect on you.
And you look beautiful, by the way. I hope you feel as good as you look.
As far as blogging goes, I'm toying with the idea of starting up again. You'll be among the first to know if/when I do.
Best to you, Sarah.

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

what a sweet and kind gesture! the scarf is gorgeous and so are you! i know when you wear it, you will think of the special person who gave it to you and the wonderful message that goes with it! xoxo