Thursday, February 17, 2011

Let It Snow....not!

By this time of year, I am fed up with winter and more than ready to think about spring....green grass, birds singing, warm sun...

But it's still winter and we still have LOTS of snow and cold. Here is a window I made in January..."Let it snow".I used a window from a home renovation in Beach Meadows, Nova Scotia. (left with a "free" sign at the side of their barn). This window is textured glass. When the sun shines through the window, the snowflakes sparkle with the textured glass coming from behind.The snowflakes are blue, white, and mauve. I've engraved "Let it snow" using a dremel. I forgot to take measurments, but it's probably about 30 inches square.

I haven't had time for glass cutting and window making for the past few weeks...all our time has been taken up with travelling for the radiation treatments. But today we get an unexpected free day...no radiation while they do repairs to the machine...so I'll be in my studio this afternoon with the heat cranked and the music loud! Time to create.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very lovely.

Olivia