Monday, February 14, 2011

Family Love

Where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday that we were picking Cody up at the airport...but in fact, it was just yesterday that his visit was finished and we were dropping him off for his flight back to Toronto. Watching him walk through the security gates and not knowing when we would see him again was a very sad moment for me. It seems like just a couple of years ago that I was tying his shoes and holding his hand. Now he towers over us and lifts me off the ground when he hugs me. He has his own life that we just know snippets about. But I'm a fiercely proud momma bear and know we have raised a "fine young man" (as my father used to say). It was so great to see him last week. Here is the Nova Scotia crew:(from left to right) Cody, G, DIL, Miss M, John, me, Mulligan

Mom and her "baby":Cody came with us for all the radiation treatments while he was here....not so fun for him, but great for me. Today was treatment #8. We're half way now! Woo hoo!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day!
Love,
Us
xo

aliceinparis said...

Wonderful to see you all! I can definitely see that he is your son:) Same smiley eyes. So glad you are halfway through. The end is in sight! Or should I say the beginning of a renewed life!
Must get that vinegar/oil thing sorted out.Will get back to you on it.
Happy Valentine's Day!

Janet said...

I'm glad you had a nice visit with Cody anjd that you are on the home stretch of this phase of treatment. Take care on the roads, drive safe and keep warm. Spring will be here soon.