Monday, January 17, 2011

Keep It Simple

Keep it simple...in life, and in photographs. Today is the coldest day we've had this winter. I spotted these dried weeds along our driveway this morning on our daily walk for the paper. Of course, the weeds have been there for months but today they needed to be photographed. In years past, I would have taken a photo like this: Which now screams "Boring!" in my mind. Now I like to move in closer to try to capture the details.
and closerand maybe photograph from an angle I wouldn't have thought of before:
eliminate distractions:
look at shadows:
and change perspective:Good to remember for day to day life too...keep it simple...stay focused...eliminate distractions. Must remember to practice!

7 comments:

Karen said...

..and definitely to change perspective sometimes! Nice images -

BRRRRR.. this chill!

Janet said...

Good things to remember on a Monday morning as we start the work week :) Thanks.

I love the "...and closer" photo best!

FYI - I have Wilmot on my radar for a weekend drive, thanks for sharing that will us this weekend. I love old stuff, too.

jodi (bloomingwriter) said...

An excellent post, Sara...good idea to remind us to keep it fresh by keeping it simple.

Neil and Susan said...

Lovely photo's Sara... keeping things simple is good advice. Keep warm!! :)

Yolanda said...

I love this philosphy and it is mine too. Keep warm and have a lovely week.

Sus said...

Photo # 4 speaks to me .... look at things from a different angle .... okay, I'll try to do that. Thanks!

Lisa RedWillow said...

I enjoyed your post and your photos of the snow look like diamonds with the sun. Just lovely.
Im on board with the Love Me Projcet via fB and have sent a few to friends to add your page and have a look as well.
Thanks for your visit and kind words.
I live in Albera and we have so much snow Im sure there is four feet in someplaces in my yard. I saw the sun today for the first time in weeks.
My email is redwillowlisa@gmail.com.
Send me more details if there are any and I will send out what I have in mind.
Lisa